Thursday, March 18, 2010

Seth is 10......





I can't believe my little Sefee has hit the double digits. I am also baffled that I have been a mother for 10 yrs. It was the most wonderful and scary moment in my life. I had an unplanned c section and was one of these first time mom's who had the whole delivery planned out in my head. A c-sec was not in the plans and Seth has continued to surprise us at every turn.


He is a brilliant little guy and has an extraordinary memory. He has a love for learning all about the world around him. For a long time he would only check out fact books in the library ie...Volcanoes, Sharks, Tornadoes,Insects, Polar Bears, and the Guinness book of world records. He passed his love for facts on to his little brother as well. I finally talked them into checking out a fiction book here and there just so they would learn to read stories and recently they love the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.

Seths teachers always say how kind he treats his fellow classmates and that he is well liked by all. He has such a wonderful heart and plays so well with his little sister Sarah. As many of you know he also has a slight addiction to his video games. He loves his DSI and got a new Pokemon game for his birthday. I think he tries to beat the game before his friends do.

It was kind of sad to me this year because Seth has always loved to plan his birthday parties and have a theme and homemade cake. This year he just wanted to celebrate with us-no cake-wing shack for dinner-cheesecake for desert-and go see the new movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid with a couple of friends. This was the first year I did not go all out for him and it made me realize how much is is growing and changing. In fact, Ryan said as we were munching on wings " this is food I would choose for my birthday". I guess I have to accept the fact he is growing up, but he will always be my little Wunk. Happy 10th big guy!! We all love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Jolea...it makes me almost cry. I can still see myself holding the little Wunk. I remember his first, second, and third birthdays like it was yesterday. I love that little guy so much. If our families could ever just be well, maybe we could actually celebrate some birthdays together. See ya soon and hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Seth!!! Holy cow 10 years old, it flies by...enjoy every second.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

counter