So, the next weekend after Ryans hunt he promised to take the boys on the elk hunt. The weather was going to be cold and rainy, so I decided it wouldn't be too fun just sitting in the trailor with an infant and a 3 yr old. It was a boys only weekend. (and I really wanted to watch conference in peace and quiet). Ry took them down to SF canyon on Friday night and they roasted hot dogs and s'mores with their cousins and aunt Melissa. The next morning they went out to try and find an elk, but because of the rain were only able to hunt for a few hours. The boys didn't care though. They had a blast just hiking around and spending time with their dad. (his buddy Shane did go back out to WY and got a deer this weekend also, but Ry didn't go because he had already given his word to the boys and I probably would have thrown a fit had he gone out again) It was really fun to see ry take the boys out by himself and just enjoy the outdoors together. I am hoping as they get older there will be many more father sons trips. I think every boy needs that.
Cows Without Legs
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment