Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kids say the darndest things

About 3 days ago.....
Sarah: Mom, when will my baby pop out?
Me: When you get married
Sarah: Why do I have to get married first
Me: Cuz your baby needs a daddy
Sarah: Then I want Cole to be "my babys daddy"

2 days ago......
Easton had bugged dad to go out and play football with him all day. Finally they went out and made up some plays. He was so excited. When he came in he said....
The best thing in my life is about to happen
Me: What is that
Easton: I am going to find a leprechaun and make a wish to be a Jedi

(don't ask -- I have no idea)

Yesterday when I picked sarah up from preschool....
Me: How was school today?
Sarah: Well I was crying
Me: Why
Sarah: Well I was on the red with a sad face
Me: Did you do something wrong or bad?
Sarah: Well (she starts everything with well), I was just talking too much
Me: (knowing she had never really been in a setting where she couldn't talk) You can't talk when the teacher is trying to teach you stuff
Sarah: Oh, ok.

This morning on the ride to school.....
Easton: Mom did you know when bears scratch tree bark they are marking their territory
Me: Yeah-thats pretty cool huh
Easton: Yeah, and Seth remember when you were in first grade and a coyote came down and scratched part of the hop scotch off the ground (at your school)
Seth: They wouldn't come all the way down here and not even attack anyone
Easton: Yes it did-I remember
(Easton would have been a whole 4 years old when seth was in first grade so I'm sure he remembers)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah cracks me up! She is so dang cute. It reminds me of my friend Laurie and her little boy coming home from school all upset. She asked him what was wrong and he said "I didn't get to play at wecess cuz I was on wed." He is still working on saying his R's. I was going to tell you my big sweet tooth craving since we can't have chocolate has been twizzlers. Can't seem to get enough of them. I hope and pray Maxwell turns out as happy as Cole is.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

counter