Although it was a while ago-just wanted to say how much I love all of the men in my life. We celebrated fathers day by making dad breakfast and then going down to Mona that evening to celebrate with PaPa.
I sure love and appreciate all that my father did for me growing up. There wasn't anything that man couldn't fix and he was always up for a game of baseball. He coached us many years and was always involved in the Little League where we lived. He worked so hard to make a living for our large family and supported my mom in parenting. He loved to get on the floor and wrestle with us and it always amazed me how he could hold all of us down at the same time. I was always equally amazed that although he had a thin frame his arm muscles were so big. I just knew he was the strongest man in the world. Being blessed with so many daughters he was always willing to let us play with his coal black hair. He would let us put curlers or clips or pony tail holders in it and it would usually put him to sleep. He couldn't carry a tune, but I loved to hear him try. Our annual camping trip was always a blast. We would go to the river for a week or so and float the rapids and just play outside. He didn't cook much at home, but put him in the outdoors and that man could make some good grub--my personal favorite was his biscuits fried in bacon grease. I have tried to make these, but have not mastered it yet. I wish I had learned how he did it before he passed on. I am sad that my younger siblings did not get to experience all that us older kids did and hope that one day they will get to know him the way we did. I love him and always think fond memories of him on this day.
My husband is the absolute greatest father and man in my life. He has many of the wonderful qualities that my own father had and sometimes I think that is part of the reason I fell in love with him. He is so giving of his time and he can be a kid just as much as all of our children and sometimes even more. He loves to play any kind of game and hates to lose. One of the bonuses I got by snagging this fella is that he loves to cook-and he's dang good at it. I didn't grow up with a dad that cooked much, but my kids love it when he is the chef. He also loves to be in the outdoors. I think he would live up on the mountain if he didn't have to work. I love to see him when we are all out together though--he is definitely at home outside. He is the hardest working person I know and I hope that my kids develop the same work ethic he has. Most of all, I love that he is so kind and I know he would do anything for me and our children. He is always finding ways to show me he loves me--my favorite being back rubs. I am so grateful I was blessed with such a wonderful partner in life. I love him so much. (Sorry to all you ladies out there who only got 2nd best-jk)
I was not only blessed with a wonderful partner, but with him came a great father-in-law. I have gotten to know this man more over the last 11 1/2 years and I have to say that I am so glad that I could have such a great man around. He can fix anything just like my own father and he loves the outdoors as well. He loves to take people out on 4-wheeler rides and is known to take the "short cut" or scenic route. He is a wonderful father and grandfather. He does so much for his family. The grandchildren are so lucky to have such a wonderful Papa. He has built them a wonderful playhouse and zip line at his home in Mona and the kids are always so excited to go there and play. My husband inherited many of his dads wonderful traits and for that I am thankful.
To all the wonderful men in my life including the unmentioned brothers and brother-in-laws, uncles, cousins and those whom I never got a chance to meet--happy fathers day. I am such a lucky gal to be surrounded by such great men.
I sure love and appreciate all that my father did for me growing up. There wasn't anything that man couldn't fix and he was always up for a game of baseball. He coached us many years and was always involved in the Little League where we lived. He worked so hard to make a living for our large family and supported my mom in parenting. He loved to get on the floor and wrestle with us and it always amazed me how he could hold all of us down at the same time. I was always equally amazed that although he had a thin frame his arm muscles were so big. I just knew he was the strongest man in the world. Being blessed with so many daughters he was always willing to let us play with his coal black hair. He would let us put curlers or clips or pony tail holders in it and it would usually put him to sleep. He couldn't carry a tune, but I loved to hear him try. Our annual camping trip was always a blast. We would go to the river for a week or so and float the rapids and just play outside. He didn't cook much at home, but put him in the outdoors and that man could make some good grub--my personal favorite was his biscuits fried in bacon grease. I have tried to make these, but have not mastered it yet. I wish I had learned how he did it before he passed on. I am sad that my younger siblings did not get to experience all that us older kids did and hope that one day they will get to know him the way we did. I love him and always think fond memories of him on this day.
My husband is the absolute greatest father and man in my life. He has many of the wonderful qualities that my own father had and sometimes I think that is part of the reason I fell in love with him. He is so giving of his time and he can be a kid just as much as all of our children and sometimes even more. He loves to play any kind of game and hates to lose. One of the bonuses I got by snagging this fella is that he loves to cook-and he's dang good at it. I didn't grow up with a dad that cooked much, but my kids love it when he is the chef. He also loves to be in the outdoors. I think he would live up on the mountain if he didn't have to work. I love to see him when we are all out together though--he is definitely at home outside. He is the hardest working person I know and I hope that my kids develop the same work ethic he has. Most of all, I love that he is so kind and I know he would do anything for me and our children. He is always finding ways to show me he loves me--my favorite being back rubs. I am so grateful I was blessed with such a wonderful partner in life. I love him so much. (Sorry to all you ladies out there who only got 2nd best-jk)
I was not only blessed with a wonderful partner, but with him came a great father-in-law. I have gotten to know this man more over the last 11 1/2 years and I have to say that I am so glad that I could have such a great man around. He can fix anything just like my own father and he loves the outdoors as well. He loves to take people out on 4-wheeler rides and is known to take the "short cut" or scenic route. He is a wonderful father and grandfather. He does so much for his family. The grandchildren are so lucky to have such a wonderful Papa. He has built them a wonderful playhouse and zip line at his home in Mona and the kids are always so excited to go there and play. My husband inherited many of his dads wonderful traits and for that I am thankful.
To all the wonderful men in my life including the unmentioned brothers and brother-in-laws, uncles, cousins and those whom I never got a chance to meet--happy fathers day. I am such a lucky gal to be surrounded by such great men.



Jolea, it's so fun to catch up on your life! I really need to come see you. It's time for lunch or something. It has been way too long! I'm going to call you after school starts and let's chat! So glad to see you are doing so well. Your kids are beautiful, as always.
ReplyDelete