Saturday, July 18, 2009

Just call me HANDY WoMANNY

I love my washer because we have had it about 10 yrs and never had any problems with it, but lately it has needed a little tlc. It isn't a fancy washer, but it handles all of the dirt and grime we dish out to it with a husband in construction, four little ones, and guest bedding that needs to be washed quite often. About 2 months ago it stopped washing and I researched all of the possibilities, took it apart and figured out it was the lid switch. I got on the Internet and figured out how to replace it, called to find the part and put in the new one. Just recently I went in to change out a load of clothes to find that the floor was covered in water. At first I thought it might be the washers way of telling me it was done. I again researched the different problems it could be and found it was a leaky water pump. Once again I got online to figure out how to replace it. I took it apart once again. Ry helped me out this time by picking up the part I called in. He brought it home and I installed it and the thing ran like new. I am so proud that I went to the effort to do these things mostly because it saved me lots of money, but I also have always had an interest in seeing how things work. It also finally forced me to clean all the muck around the washer and dryer.

All of the towels I used to soak up the water from the laundry room



The washer taken apart



The new water pump I installed


The kids having fun in their very own time machine
So this post may not be so humble, but I write it for several reasons:

1: to inspire all women to at least try to fix things before paying tons of money for some guy to do it
2:to let my children know that mom didn't always take the easy way out
3:to advertise my skills just in case I have to do this for money one day (ha ha)
4:most importantly to brag

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.

counter